Saturday, November 27, 2021

Social Media Sites

 This week we explored social media and how to use it in family history work. I was able to find and join a few facebook groups. One was a general group called "The Family History Guide - Trainers, Consultants, Leaders". This is a great group, and I was able to find a few "zoom" classes I can register for as well tips in how to promote family history in the ward. Another one is called "Student Genealogical Society". They also post upcoming zoom classes and other interesting posts relating to family history. And a third one is named "US New England Genealogy Research Community". I joined this one when I realized how many ancestors my husband and I both have that came to American in the 1600s. There is some fun interaction there from other descendants of these early American colonists. And notifications of new archives that have come available. The nice result of these facebook posts, is it keep me interested in family history and therefor I spend less time getting lost scrolling the world wide web in things that generally end up being a waste of time. It was also a busy week of family and thanksgiving, so I feel a little distracted right now. Hopefully I can get back on track this week and finish the week strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

When I started this semester, I was looking to gain enough information that I could start working on my family tree in FamilySearch. However...