Friday, December 10, 2021

Tracking a family with census records

 These last few weeks were very challenging! First, I learned that it is very difficult to do a group project with people that are on the other side of the world. Connecting in different time zones is very difficult.

I was very overwhelmed with the assignment and made it much more difficult that it actually was. Navigating RootsMagic was a challenge, but once I got the hang of it, it was quite exciting. 

I also made searching for records much more difficult than it was. Once you find a record in FamilySearch, it is amazing how many more records were coming up and how easy it was to track the family through census records.

The tender mercy is that I figured it out!! I was so overwhelmed in the beginning and then so happy with myself when it all came together. I was ready to give up genealogy work and then got excited and want to search for another family.

I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge and more skills going forward. Line upon line, precept on precept. It is not necessary to run before you can walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

When I started this semester, I was looking to gain enough information that I could start working on my family tree in FamilySearch. However...